Re: [certi-dev] Calling UpdateAttributeValues with NULL

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Calling UpdateAttributeValues with NULL
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 09:33:20 +0100

2010/11/10 Michael Raab <address@hidden>:
> Hi Eric,
>
> there's a RTIIInternal exception thrown with message "Calling
> UpdateAttributeValues with NULL".
>
> Why is that needed? Couldn't you just pass an empty string if the user
> decides to pass NULL?

Because the user may erroneously believing he was passing a real tag?

I think it was already discussed, and it was considered a bug on federate side.
However I understand that it would be a nice "legacy" feature
I'll check and come back to you.

> In dmso it was possible you pass NULL as TAG.

May be we can just not put a tag in the internal message and
not throw the exception.

Like:
if ( theTag != NULL) {
          req.setTag(theTag);
}

Would you try this, does it work for you?
http://www.april.org