Re: [certi-dev] CERTI-Devel Digest, Vol 66, Issue 2

From: Christian Stenzel
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] CERTI-Devel Digest, Vol 66, Issue 2
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 23:30:48 +0200

Hello Jan,

> I was finally able to fix this error. The problem was that the Win32 API
> is not part of the mingw distribution we use. I installed a Windows
> Perl, and now it works.

Good to know ...

> After I fixed this, I had some problems with the mex script. In mingw
> the "%*" that is used in the script to forward all arguments of the
> script to the perl command does not work, it has to be a "$@" for me. I
> wonder why this script is needed at all. It would be probably better to
> define this in the makefile itself. The matlab folder could be set in
> the environment. Then, the -o argument was not accepted, for me it has
> to be -output. I attached a patch for that, maybe you can check it.

You're right. The toolbox needs indeed some building improvements. I will use
cmake, so stayed tuned.

> Unfortunatly, I get now some compile errors:
> [...]
> gcc  -DRTI_USES_STD_FSTREAM -D_GNU_SOURCE -c -DMATLAB_MEX_FILE -x c++
> -oC:\DOKUME~1\PATRICK\LOKALE~1\TEMP\MEX_3C~1\rti.obj
> -IC:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2010a\extern\include
> -IC:\PROGRA~1\MATLAB\R2010a\simulink\include -O3 -DMX_COMPAT_32
> RTI\rti.cpp
>
> RTI\rti.cpp:38:23: fatal error: arpa/inet.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.

arpa/init.h is a header used for linux/unix. windows socket implementations API
declarations can be found in winsock.h and winsock2.h, respectavily.
Obviously the code need some precompiler directives.
For me, it's time to set up a clean windows-mingw based build env.
:(.

> Hi, thanks for that. Yes, I'm working with Windows. This works perfectly

... good to know a guy who's loving using windows ... one more reason for a
clean windows build

> > The current Makefile in cvs uses old library names (libFedTime instead
> > libFedTimed and lRTI-NG instead lRTI-NGd). I will change that in cvs in
> > the near future.
> Hi, actually that is not correct. The "d" behind the name specifies that
> this is the debug version of CERTI.
>
> If you compile it in Release mode, the d is gone again. In order to do
> this, you have to set the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to "Release" I guess.

Thanks for the important hint. Have to check that in a cmake-script. Hope I'll
find time soon ...

So long,
Christian