Re: [certi-dev] How many end points can CERTI support?

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] How many end points can CERTI support?
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 09:36:57 +0100

>     Hi,I want to use CERTI in a large prject,that would have more than 100
> RTI  end points,but I am afraid of the ability of CERTI.In my other
> projects,I had several(<10) rti end points only.
> Is there anyone had done the test of the max end points CERTI can support?

I'm not aware of any HLA simulation using CERTI which involves more
than 15+ federate.
That said the "only" potential bottleneck would be the RTIG which have to triage
messages flowing from your 100+ federates.

>From my experience the CPU load for running RTIG is very low because it barely
reads a message then do basic computation before sending a couple of messages
to concerned federate.

We did make real-time closed loop simulation on a LAN with some
federate running at 200Hz
which generate a lot of messages and RTIG was running just fine.

If you have 100+ federate I would be more concerned by the network
traffic this may imply
and the possible message latency coming out of that.

If you are on a LAN or the message rate (UAV/RAV/SI/RI) are modest I
won't expect any
technical  issue with hundreds of federate.

In the end the only valid answer is: you'll have to test drive this
kind of configuration.

If you do that, please keep us up to date with your figures!!

L'élection n'est pas la démocratie -- http://www.le-message.org