Re: [certi-dev] Messages received after resignation

From: Arnaud Degroote
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] Messages received after resignation
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 16:39:58 +0200

On 08/Apr - 15:17, Eric Noulard wrote:
> :
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm not an expert in HLA, so I'm wondering if it a normal behaviour, or
> > an issue in the RTIG. I observe that I continue to receive some messages
> > from RTIG (in particular NM_Reflect_Attribute_Values) after I resign
> > from the federation. Is it normal ? Is there something I forget to do ?
> >

> No it's not.
>
> Which version of CERTI are you using ?

I use the last release version 3.4.3

> Would you be able to try with git master?

The issue is still here in master

> > For the record, I use the attached python script to test (and the
> > billard application), and use
> >
> > RTIG_MSG=D python test.py
> >
> > You normally see a lot of message after the "done" message.
> >

> I have no time to reproduce this right now.
>
> I would think that resign should generate "unsubscribe"
> but it is possible that no-one hit this scenario with CERTI before because
> one usually do
>
> create and/or join
> publish
> register
> subscribe
>
> unsubscribe
> unregister
> unpublish
> resign
> destroy

With a proper call of unsubscribeObjectClass, the message are not
emitted anymore. Why is the API not really symetric
(subscribeObjectClassAttributes vs unsubscribeObjectClass) ? Moreover, I
would be more happy with an API to do the contrary of
requestObjectAttributeValueUpdate, but I don't find anything to do that.
Do I miss something ?