[certi-dev] Help with Certi Demos

From: Constantinos Heracleous
Subject: [certi-dev] Help with Certi Demos
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 22:26:35 +0300

Hello to all,

I’m new to CERTI and I’m having difficulties to run the demos and I would like a bit of help.
I have successfully installed PTII and CERTI on Mac OSX following the User Manual for HLA-PTII federates (Updated after revision r73687, October, 20, 2015.). I’ve also tested the installation (using three terminals) as explained in the same manual and after I did some configurations in the .bash_profiled it worked fine. Now I’ve been trying to run the demo $PTII/org/hlacerti/demo/Billard/FederationBillard.xml from the graphical interface with no luck.
Specifically, I start the terminal (source $HOME/pthla/certi/share/scripts/myCERTI env.sh is in .bash_profile so runs at the beginning) and then I execute: vergil $PTII/org/hlacerti/demo/Billard/FederationBillard.xml & to open the graphical interface.
Then I run the two model in order: TwoBillarBalls.xml and then PoolTable2.xml (creator is set in the last).
Unfortunately, nothing happens, the “rtig” is not called to run and the two models remain at initializing.

Here is what I get in the terminal that might be helpful:

Last login: Tue Apr 26 21:53:27 on ttys000

CERTI version <3.5.1>

Current machine architecture is <x86_64>.

Your PATH variable has been modified for scripts

** WARNING ** We hope you have made source myCERTI.sh **

                                    ------

If yes your variables for CERTI are now :

CERTI_HOST      =  localhost

CERTI_HOME      =  /Users/Constantinos/pthla/certi-tools

CERTI_FOM_PATH  =  /Users/Constantinos/pthla/certi-tools/share/federations

PATH            =  /Users/Constantinos/pthla/certi-tools/share/scripts:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Library/TeX/texbin:/Users/Constantinos/ant/bin:/Users/Constantinos/pthla/ptII/bin:/Users/Constantinos/pthla/certi-tools/bin

LD_LIBRARY_PATH =  /Users/Constantinos/pthla/certi-tools/lib:

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH =  /Users/Constantinos/pthla/certi-tools/lib:

MacBook-Pro:~ Constantinos$ vergil $PTII/org/hlacerti/demo/Billard/FederationBillard.xml &

[1] 43333

MacBook-Pro:~ Constantinos$ CertRtig: the os.name property is: Mac OS X

CertiRtig: .TwoBilliardBalls.HlaManager: About to invoke rtig:

command: [/bin/sh, -c, /Users/Constantinos/pthla/certi-tools/bin/rtig, Test.fed]

environment: [DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/Constantinos/pthla/certi-tools/lib]

directory: /Users/Constantinos/pthla/ptII/org/hlacerti/demo/Billard

CertRtig: the os.name property is: Mac OS X

CertiRtig: .PoolTable2.display: About to invoke rtig:

command: [/bin/sh, -c, /Users/Constantinos/pthla/certi-tools/bin/rtig, Test.fed]

environment: [DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/Users/Constantinos/pthla/certi-tools/lib]

directory: /Users/Constantinos/pthla/ptII/org/hlacerti/demo/Billard

MacBook-Pro:~ Constantinos$

I can’t figure out if I have set something wrong so I’m stuck, if you can suggest anything to try it would be very helpful.

Thank you,

Constantinos Heracleous
Researcher | KIOS Research Center, University of Cyprus
email: address@hidden
web: www.constantinosheracleous.com