cfengine-develop

Re: [Cfengine-develop] Need you to help me

From: Andrew Stribblehill
Subject: Re: [Cfengine-develop] Need you to help me
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 16:12:54 +0100

Quoting Mark Burgess <address@hidden> (2003-06-04 12:35:10 BST):

> I have an easy job that I would like someone to help me with.
> I need a patch to the latest cfengine that improves the
> detection of foreign fileystems/partitions. We need an option
> on every recursive search that is like -xdev in find
> and prevents descent into foreign filesystems.
>
> One now has fsstat() to do this kind of thing, but I don't know
> how find or other tools do it.

GNU find does this:

  if (stay_on_filesystem)
    {
      if (curdepth == 0)
        root_dev = stat_buf.st_dev;
      else if (stat_buf.st_dev != root_dev)
        stop_at_current_level = true;
    }

stat_buf is a struct stat, and is populated by an lstat() call.

I'm afraid I have no time right now to deal with it either but I
guess you're talking about mount.c and RecursiveCheck() in filedir.c.

--
SOUTH BISCAY
VARIABLE BECOMING SOUTHERLY 3 OR 4. FAIR. MODERATE