cfengine-develop

Re: [Cfengine-develop] my own branch of the tree

From: Mark . Burgess
Subject: Re: [Cfengine-develop] my own branch of the tree
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 20:55:48 +0100 (MET)

Luke,

I agree with much of what you say, but you seem to mix rational sense
with spurious complaints. I would also like iteration. I just don't know
how to do it. Do you? I do know that none of this has got anything to do with
the parser. As I explained at LISA, you cannot write the kind of parser you
want until the language is completely known. As long as it continues to develop,
it makes no sense to go on about this. It also has nothing to do with
CVS. I get patches all the time, I just don't get development.
Also "everyone I speak to" cuts no weight with me. I talk to people too.

You have done good things with cfengine and show great insight im many things.
If
I don't fully trust you it is because you seem too emotionally attached
to your own vision. I would love to harness your talents. Can you enter
into a discussion and accept a viewpoint that you do not agree with?
Every message from you is intense to the point of flaming. I embrace the
rational
and shy away from heated blows.

I am very interested to hear about what you intend to do about iteration.
If you suggest something that I find convincing, I will happily work out
a solution that works for both of us. If you think that I will just open the
code for you to do whatever takes your fancy then, no that would be
irresponsible.

I enjoyed speaking to you in private. So let's try to elevate the discussion
from politics to solutions.

Mark

Work: +47 22453272            Email:  address@hidden
Fax : +47 22453205            WWW  :  http://www.iu.hio.no/~mark