cfengine-develop

[Cfengine-develop] "Skipping ignored directory"

From: Luke A. Kanies
Subject: [Cfengine-develop] "Skipping ignored directory"
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 15:02:21 -0600 (CST)

Hi Mark,

What is the purpose of the following line?

Verbose("%s: Skipping ignored directory %s\n",VPREFIX,startpath);

It's line 280 in wrapper.c (as of 2.1.0b5).

I'm especially confused because it looks like it does something along
these lines:

if (not ignored)
        warn about skipping directory
        operate on directory

It's not actually skipping the directory from what I can tell:

cfengine:naadmd02: Skipping ignored directory /home/wzd4845/tmp/funtest
cfengine:naadmd02: /home/wzd4845/tmp/funtest had permission 750, changed
it to 755

So why is it telling me that it's ignoring it when it's patently not
ignoring it?  I would be much less confused if this message were just
removed.

Luke

--
I don't always know what I'm talking about, but I'm always pretty much
convinced that I'm right.