cfengine-develop

Re: [Cfengine-develop] caching checksums with cfservd

From: Will Lowe
Subject: Re: [Cfengine-develop] caching checksums with cfservd
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:48:47 -0700

> One possibility would be to update the database periodically instead
> for all files. That does not sound like a great solution to me.

In my environment it'd be great if cvservd stored them until it
received SIGUSR1 (or some other generally-underused signal) or until
it restarted, at which point it would force checksums to be
regenerated the next time it looked at the file.  That way I can
"killall -USR1 cfservd" whenever I make changes.

Of course this only works in an environment where the admin is willing
to notify cfservd when things have changed -- but I'd actually prefer
it that way in mine.

--
                                        thanks,

                                        Will