Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] eliminate the Chicken Windows

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] eliminate the Chicken Windows binary distribution?
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 08:47:52 -0800

felix winkelmann wrote:
On 11/8/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

Requiring a source build wouldn't cause me to dismiss a project, because
I'm a DIY open source developer.  I presume that's the demographic
Chicken is actually capable of reaching.  I don't think it's ready to
address any other demographic yet.

I think this is the crucial point and agree fully.

Also, no one has said they actually need or use the Windows binary, which is what I suspected to begin with. My vote is to send the binary to its grave. I'd rather people see a good source install than a bad binary install.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every