Re: [Chicken-hackers] switching to mercurial?

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] switching to mercurial?
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 12:59:08 +0100

On 11/26/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
felix winkelmann wrote:
> [about Darcs]

I'm not seeing the problem with Darcs.  I know it, it does what I want,
it hasn't given me very many weird bugs.  Push can be a little slow but
it's not in the way of my workflow.  I fire up a command prompt and go
do something else.  I don't like, "Let's change the tools!" just for the
sake of fiddling with things that only bring marginal improvements.
What is the big gain you're expecting from Mercurial, and are you seeing
this big gain in the real world?

The gain is mainly improved performance for remote access, which I find
lacking in darcs. I also like minor things like getting more informative
output on pulls and real revision numbers.

I agree that changing the tools is never a particularly popular thing to do,
but currently it seems there are only two people using the repository:
you and me.

On the other hand...

What the heck - let's stick to darcs.

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp