Re: [Chicken-hackers] egg wiki

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] egg wiki
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 22:22:45 +0100

On 12/9/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
On the egg wiki page http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8080//eggs, I moved
the sassy x86 assembler to "Interfacing To Other Languages," and then
deleted the "Tools" category.  It was the only entry in "Tools," and I
think filing something under such a generic term is not helpful.

Ok.

Then I realized that many of the wiki entries have no project
descriptions to go with them.  And, that making such a change as I did,
the wiki diverges from the "Eggs Unlimited" page,
http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/eggs/ .

So, what's the definitive documentation going to be?  I'm inclined to
say it should be the wiki, so that people can quickly fix things.  But I
haven't been paying much attention to the wiki, so perhaps there are
other concerns.

Are wiki entries supposed to automagically mirror the "Eggs Unlimited"
entries in any way?  Or is it all just going to be cumulative manual
labor?  If the latter, I'll update things here and there as they annoy
me.  :-)

The page at "Eggs Unlimited" is the canonical, one true, final list of currently
available eggs, as it is machine-generated on every upload of a new
egg version. The corresponding wiki-page is maintained by hand, and such
quickly out of date. I think it is probably better to remove the list from the
wiki and just point to call/cc.org/eggs.

What do others think?

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp