Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken 2.41 for Debian stable

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken 2.41 for Debian stable (3.1)
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 15:09:42 -0800

felix winkelmann wrote:
On 12/9/06, Ivan Raikov <address@hidden> wrote:

    The description in the control file is probably left over from the
1.6x days, when the Debian package was initially created, and I'm
guessing the description was copied from the original project
description. Feel free to improve it :-) In fact, it would probably
make sense to add the debian directory to the main Chicken SVN
repository, and make improvements to it there.

Ivan, I'm pretty clueless about Debian package things (well, much more
than that, but...), could you explain what you mean by "debian directory"?

Earlier Ivan sent a copy of the build files he was referring to. I've attached it again for convenience. They unpack into a directory called /debian. I presume the Debian packaging tool has some partially automagical relationship to a source tree with such a directory in it. However, I'm wagering it's not fully automagical, and in any event it isn't currently driven by the CMake "make dist" command. So there is glue work needed here. I can assist on the CMake side of things, but really it requires a Debian person for integration and testing.

Incidentally, I get Error 403 Forbidden when I try to access http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/mrci/debian/ from my Netscape browser. Is that expected? Is it just some URL that if I had Debian, I'd point my Debian packaging system at or something?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every