Re: [Chicken-hackers] Debian package

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Debian package
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 08:11:48 +0100

On 12/11/06, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:

Brandon is overstating the case.  CMake is now the only supported build
method *on Windows* (excluding Cygwin).  It works, as far as is known,
on Linux platforms, but is not yet the only supported method.  Only Felix
can declare that event, and he has not.

For now, building via Automake/Autoconf is still supported.  Of course,
the more Linux people learn to build with CMake, the closer the day
comes when Automake/Autoconf can be junked, which Felix has stated is
his intention.

(Sorry if I'm misrepresenting you, Felix, but I thought this should
be said.)

This is quite correct.

- CMake is the better build-system, compared with autotools
- Autotools support must stay, until CMake is widely distributed and a bit more
 mature

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp