Re: [Chicken-hackers] Build problems

From: Tony Sidaway
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Build problems
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 00:54:04 +0000

My other Ubuntu system behaves in the same way.  I think you've both
worked out why this was happening--the CMake configuration doesn't
provide a hard-coded path in the target files so the user must
configure the system instead to ensure that the default path contains
the required libraries.

Although I do have /usr/local in my path, most of the builds I do
there are from tarballs, based on the GNU toolchain and have the
library load path coded in the binary.

I like CMake.  It lacks the kind of clutter that makes a configuration
script check to see if you have a Fortran 77 compiler, when the writer
had no intention of installing a Fortran program on your system.  It's
quite easy to bootstrap, too. At least on a GNU-based system.