Re: [Chicken-hackers] why Chicken?

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] why Chicken?
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 09:53:33 -0800

john wrote:
Well for me it is all those points you mentioned but in particular I
think Chicken has great potential on mobile platforms. If I had your
build experience I would be looking at how to get it working with
Windows Mobile and Symbian etc. It runs nicely on embedded Linux
platforms already and with projects like openmoko.com I am quite
excited about exploiting the RAD side of Scheme on mobile projects.

Ok it's a reasonable idea, but where's the money in it? I'm in this trap of doing things where I build a lot of infrastructure and don't see money.

If someone can tell me how they're getting paid to use Chicken, *that* would cheer me up tremendously.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every