Re: [Chicken-hackers] why Chicken?

From: john
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] why Chicken?
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:25:19 +0000

Well, yeh the money would have to come from the development done after
Chicken was ported to the platform in question. The person who did the
port might have some development advantage while others play catch up.
It depends on how applicable/successful Chicken could be on these
platforms. I recently came across http://www.simkin.co.uk/. It appears
to have had some kind of funding/commercial backing. Do others think
Chicken might have potential in this area?

John

On 31/01/07, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
john wrote:
> Well for me it is all those points you mentioned but in particular I
> think Chicken has great potential on mobile platforms. If I had your
> build experience I would be looking at how to get it working with
> Windows Mobile and Symbian etc. It runs nicely on embedded Linux
> platforms already and with projects like openmoko.com I am quite
> excited about exploiting the RAD side of Scheme on mobile projects.

Ok it's a reasonable idea, but where's the money in it?  I'm in this
trap of doing things where I build a lot of infrastructure and don't see
money.

If someone can tell me how they're getting paid to use Chicken, *that*
would cheer me up tremendously.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every