Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] inventory of community skills

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] inventory of community skills
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 06:13:46 +0100

On 2/4/07, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

But GLUT is the most ancient dead and buried code out there.  It's not
under open source license and the last version of it belongs in a
crypt.  There are alternatives such as FreeGLUT which are more modern,
but I won't vouch for FreeGLUT.  Didn't look like that active of a
project, last I checked.  FLTK seemed to have much more recent
development behind it.

IIRC, SDL is quite established as a GL "wrapper", isn't it? (probably plus
custom widget libraries).