[Chicken-hackers] debugging chicken itself

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] debugging chicken itself
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:34:30 -0800

Is there a way to trace Chicken's execution of Scheme code? I'd like to see the Scheme code actually executing, even if it is slow. I'm trying to figure out if I can improve Chicken's generation of C code for 32-bit floating point math functions. I find that the sources really don't make any sense to me. If I could see them working, then maybe I'd have an idea what's going on, what the flow of control is.

Failing that, anyone recommend other ways to visualize the code? In the MSVC universe there are typically class browsers, so you can see what code belongs to what. I suppose a call graph generator would be helpful; this is typical of profiling tools.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every