Re: [Chicken-hackers] Thoughts on gdb as a debugger for Chicken

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Thoughts on gdb as a debugger for Chicken
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 00:00:04 -0800

Tony Sidaway wrote:
I've been thinking about the problem of producing a good, efficient
debugger for Chicken.  As I'm familiar with gdb and it's universally
available I'm concentrating on using gdb to examine the internal C
code.

A debugger for Chicken would have a lot of perceived utility. Companies often blow off newfangled languages that don't have debuggers. Companies also homebrew their own languages... and then realize they wish they had a debugger. So an embeddable language with a debugger could supplant an immature homebrew language.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every