Re: [Chicken-hackers] Thoughts on gdb as a debugger for Chicken

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Thoughts on gdb as a debugger for Chicken
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:14:44 +0100

On 2/23/07, Tony Sidaway <address@hidden> wrote:

As a first step to investigating this possibiluty, I think I'll work
on producing a low level gdb egg for Chicken.  This will probably
support basic GDB-MI operations.

Well, this would be pretty cool. Peter Keller thought about interfacing
to gdb a while ago. Perhaps he reads this and has some valuable
input.

Note that all mutations go through C_mutate() (for checking
destructive modifications of data) and that the "locative" mechanism
provides a GC-save way of handling subelements of data structures.

I can provide the necessary details, if you need them.