Re: regarding floating-point performance - Re: [Chicken-hackers] 3D engi

From: Tony Sidaway
Subject: Re: regarding floating-point performance - Re: [Chicken-hackers] 3D engine strategy
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:37:31 +0000

On 2/23/07, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
in-line. I can look into this, but the bottomline is that you have to
do quite a lot of checks if you want to implement Scheme.

I don't really see that there's a problem here.  What's wrong with
implementing a fp array type and writing the heavy matrix arithmetic
in an optimized C module?  C takes care of all the low-level crap and
the beauty of Chicken is that you still have Scheme for the high level
stuff.