Re: Re : regarding floating-point performance - Re: [Chicken-hackers] 3D

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: Re : regarding floating-point performance - Re: [Chicken-hackers] 3D engine strategy
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 14:08:41 -0800

minh thu wrote:

Yep, I'm definitly interested in a 3d engine and will help in such a project.

Ok. For now, see if you can get http://www.ogre3d.org running and/or built on your system. Of the options I listed earlier, it definitely looks like the one with the most commercial relevance. It has some brand name recognition now, is getting used in a few indie titles, looks like it has Maya plugins, etc. G3D might be a good project but it has a lot less to offer in the "proven by industry" dept. With G3D people are going to be saying, "What's that?" It won't turn any heads.

Not sure how Irrlicht weighs in. It has a better zlib-libpng license, but I think it's mostly one guy's project.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every