Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] Release candidate for 2.6 avai

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] Release candidate for 2.6 available
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 13:35:55 -0500

Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

> Builds and installs fine under MSVC.  Haven't really tested the
> functionality though.  It always pings my lazy-o-meter, the lack of
> tests.  Are there some simple tests we could agree on to validate the
> build?  If someone would cough those up, I could probably be arsed to
> incorporate them into the CMake build, ala the CTest / Dashboard
> mechanism.

I always run the following acceptance test, given the file "x.scm"
that contains "(print 123)":
$ csi -nbq x
123
$ csc x
Info: resolving _C_temporary_stack by linking to __imp__C_temporary_stack
(auto-import)
Info: resolving _C_stack_limit by linking to __imp__C_stack_limit (auto-import)
Info: resolving _C_fromspace_top by linking to __imp__C_fromspace_top
(auto-import)
Info: resolving _C_fromspace_limit by linking to __imp__C_fromspace_limit
(auto-import)
Info: resolving _C_timer_interrupt_counter by linking to
__imp__C_timer_interrupt_counter (auto-import)
$ ./x
123
$ csc -shared x.scm
x.c:1: warning: -fPIC ignored for target (all code is position independent)
$ csi -bq -R x
123
$ csi -b -R x

      /    /      /
 ___ (___    ___ (     ___  ___

Version 2.6rc1 - windows-cygwin-x86 - [ libffi dload ptables applyhook cmake ]
(c)2000-2007 Felix L. Winkelmann
123
$ rm x.dll x.exe

If that works, everything works.