[Chicken-hackers] CMake 2.4.6 now required

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] CMake 2.4.6 now required
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:44:40 -0700

I have bumped the minimum required CMake to 2.4.6. This was triggered by a bug Felix has filed regarding build dependencies. http://trac.callcc.org/ticket/158 I cannot reproduce the bug on MinGW, so it may be a Linux-specific issue. Here are the comments in CMakeLists.txt about the general policy going forwards:

# Generally, the required CMake version number will be bumped up anytime
# there's a suspicion that CMake itself may be a source of problems.
# Suspicion shall be deemed sufficient, not proof.  I don't want old bug
# reports about problems that may have been solved already, and my time
# as a CMake maintainer is too scarce to be asking, "Are you using the
# most recent CMake?" over and over again.  Note that CMake bugs can be
# platform or compiler specific, so just because it works fine for you with
# an older version, doesn't mean it works fine for everyone else.  That
# said, the CMake version number won't be bumped without probable
# cause.

CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED(VERSION 2.4.6 FATAL_ERROR)

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every