[Chicken-hackers] compiler docs

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] compiler docs
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 10:33:31 +0200

Hi!

I proudly present a first draft of the beginnings of my meagre
attempt to provide an inadequate and ridiculuous joke of
something remotely similar to a description of the compilation
process and internal structure of the compiler:

http://chicken.wiki.br/Internals

Lots of typos and mistakes are mandatory and the lack
of completeness should be obvious. Please feel free to
ask for more details.

More documentation regarding the runtime system and
foreign function interface are planned, but I need a break
now, so this may take some time.

There is also a new egg, called "peep" that allows one
to interactively inspect the compiled program (very simple,
and needs the newest development version), but this
generally be only useful with some knowledge of the
internals (hopefully gained through reading the mentioned
documents).