Re: [Chicken-hackers] (load ...)

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] (load ...)
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 00:31:28 -0400

Peter Keller scripsit:

> > Compilation is *always* explicit, via csc.
>
> Ah! That explains my confusion. I didn't know this fact. I thought chicken
> would analyze (load/use ...) files and compile them as well.

No, but with use it will arrange to do the right thing at both compile
time and run time (load is not magic and is executed only at run time).

There is a true equivalent of #include, though, and that's (naturally)
(include file).  This causes the compiler to incorporate the
included file into the compiled output.

--
John Cowan  address@hidden   http://ccil.org/~cowan
Assent may be registered by a signature, a handshake, or a click of a computer