Re: [Chicken-hackers] chicken repo (intentionally) gone

From: Arto Bendiken
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] chicken repo (intentionally) gone
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 14:59:46 +0200

On 8/8/07, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm somewhat fed up with darcs (performance, conflict handling)
> and are evauating mercurial for personal use. But since we already
> have a large and reliable repository and since svn is more widespread,
> I'd like to use it for future development.

This may have been mentioned the last time version control was
discussed here on the list, but just in case, a worthwhile video to
watch is Linus Torvalds presenting Git at Google:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

I've myself also recently moved from using Darcs for my personal
projects to instead using a combination of SVK (works pretty darn well
with existing SVN repositories, but can be difficult to install due to
numerous Perl dependencies) and Git. As I've understood it, and as
Linus mentions in the video, Git was designed to be like Mercurial,
but better. From my usage so far, and against my own Darcs backdrop,
Git seems a most promising concept and implementation.

--
Arto Bendiken | http://bendiken.net/