Re: [Chicken-hackers] anybody good with cmake?

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] anybody good with cmake?
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 11:02:56 +0200

On 8/14/07, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Is someone knowledgable enough and willing to help me with a few
> > problems?
>
> I don't want chicken to fall back to autohell, so I'll investigate CMake
> and see if I can understand it.  I never worked with it before, so give
> me some time to figure it out :)
>
> It can never be worse than autohell.

I find it very valiant of you to offer your help - thanks a lot, Peter.
CMake is quite straightforward for the usual stuff (building C/C++
projects on Windows systems), works sort-of on UNIX (has the odd
bug there) but I personally find it sometimes hard to make it do
the simplest things (which, doubtlessly is rooted in my insufficient
understanding of it). Documentation is horrible.

The currently checked in CMake configuration files (svn) *should*
work (I have some problems building the info file and the assembler
snippet for the >126 argument limit). CMakeLists.txt uses some
experimental new features for using assembler in cmake 2.5, but
I *think* I have disabled this for pre 2.5 cmake versions. But I'm not
sure. If I can be of any help, please ask. I probably can't, but I'll try.