Re: [Chicken-hackers] chicken repo (intentionally) gone

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] chicken repo (intentionally) gone
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 13:59:24 +0200

On 8/9/07, Arto Bendiken <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've myself also recently moved from using Darcs for my personal
> projects to instead using a combination of SVK (works pretty darn well
> with existing SVN repositories, but can be difficult to install due to
> numerous Perl dependencies) and Git. As I've understood it, and as
> Linus mentions in the video, Git was designed to be like Mercurial,
> but better. From my usage so far, and against my own Darcs backdrop,
> Git seems a most promising concept and implementation.

We use git at work pretty heavily and it is very fast and scalable.
But it has some annoying dependencies (curl) and uses some
concepts that I personally find deeply confusing. Currently I use
4 or 5 simple commands and get along with it, but this is a tool
that makes me uncomfortable.

I must say that I like mercurial. It's simple to use. I like that. I think
that is a property that is neglected too often.