Re: [Chicken-hackers] anybody good with cmake?

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] anybody good with cmake?
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 22:28:51 +0200

On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 01:55:17PM +0200, felix winkelmann wrote:
> - Generation and installation of the info manual from texi sources

I got this to work by simply changing INSTALL(TARGETS chicken.info ..) to
INSTALL(FILES chicken.info ...)  (see attached patch)

If I understand the documentation (which is, indeed, horrible) correctly,
the ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND(OUTPUT .. DEPENDS ..) creates _not_ a makefile target
(targets are symbolic names for high-level targets IIUC) but a FILE which
can be the DEPENDENCY for any TARGET.  So when you get to INSTALL it, you need
to refer to the FILE instead of the TARGET.

(I feel like I am screaming here :P )

I hope this makes some sense to you now.  You need to stop thinking in terms
of regular make, I think that's what's causing you all these headaches.
In regular make targets are identical to output filenames.  It looks like
that's simply not the case with CMake.

> - adding an assembly language module to libchicken

I need to install the latest CVS from CMake for that.  I'll have a look at that
too when I find the time.

Hope this helps,
http://sjamaan.ath.cx
                                                        -- Donald Knuth