Re: [Chicken-hackers] anybody good with cmake?

From: Brandon Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] anybody good with cmake?
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 10:57:55 -0400

On 8/17/07, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am not and never was planning to abandon CMake. I don't know
> how you come to that conclusion. And I'm not threatening anybody,
> at least not conciously.

Please then refrain from comments like:
On 8/14/07, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm one hair before giving up on cmake.

because I really don't see any other way to read that comment.
Perhaps you didn't write what you meant.

> > Just because you tried to use CMake CVS for bleeding edge ASM stuff,
> > doesn't make release versions of CMake buggy.  CVS has bugs in it,
> > that's what it's there for, same as Chicken.
>
> No, the bugs I am talking about are unneeded rebuilds on Linux, for example.
> But that has gotten better.

You talking about some other Linux rebuild bug, or the one that I
fixed 3 months ago?  http://trac.callcc.org/ticket/158  If the latter,
I think it's silly for you to be holding it against CMake's track
record indefinitely.  Who would use Chicken if people's attitude was,
'Well, Chicken 2.5 had a bug in it...."

> That the ASM stuff doesn't work right away is
> something that I can accept.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every