Re: [Chicken-hackers] anybody good with cmake?

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] anybody good with cmake?
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 23:01:39 +0200

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 10:44:37PM +0200, Peter Bex wrote:
> Crap!  CMake simply continued to generate the makefile without complaining.
> Then after waiting for it to compile chicken, it turned out there was no
> chicken.info generated.  It wasn't even in the Makefile (which I should've
> checked first... sigh!)

Turns out my reasoning was correct (thanks Brandon, for keeping me pointed in
the right direction!) but I just forgot to make a target for the file that
depended on it.

This target always needs to be built, so I add this line:
ADD_CUSTOM_TARGET(info ALL DEPENDS chicken.info)

This means the 'info' target _always_ gets built whenever something's built.
It doesn't build too much, because it doesn't actually do anything if its
dependencies are up to date.

It also means you can now invoke 'make info' to build the info files.  Typing
'make chicken.info' results in "don't know how to make target chicken.info".
Which is kinda logical if you consider that targets != files, I guess :)

The final patch for chicken.info is attached.

http://sjamaan.ath.cx
                                                        -- Donald Knuth