Re: [Chicken-hackers] RFC : How to make a Debian package for a chicken e

From: Nelson Castillo
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] RFC : How to make a Debian package for a chicken egg?
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 17:45:40 -0500

On 9/13/07, <address@hidden>"@oist.jp <Ivan.Raikov"> wrote:

>   Okay, but can we use the Chicken repository? I have permission from
> Felix to create debian/ subdirectories in the directory for each
> egg. I prefer to keep the eggs and their Debian scripts in the same
> location, if possible.

Hi Ivan.

I noticed you created the /debian directory for some eggs. I think that for
Debian we will have to generate two files, something like:

http://www.emqbit.com/tmp/chicken/libsrfi-40-chicken_r6000.orig.tar.gz
http://www.emqbit.com/tmp/chicken/libsrfi-40-chicken_r6000.diff.gz

(These are not the actual final names, we still have to decide how
that would be)

I can create a script that generates the 2 files (the .tar.gz and the .diff.gz)
for each egg from the subversion repository.

I was advised not to include packaging-related information in the
.tar.gz but  I guess you want to keep this information in the
chicken repos, inside of the egg dir. So I guess that a script
generating the .diff solves the problem. It might be extended if
we ever make packages for another distribution.

Can I help you with something? Perhaps sending you the /debian dir
for some packages?

Regards,
N.-

--