[Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling readline.egg on Mac OS X

From: Zbigniew
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling readline.egg on Mac OS X 10.4.10
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 13:15:34 -0500

A quick note.   I use try-compile to detect which library is installed
(GNU or non-GNU).  But try-compile does not pass the usual csc flags
to gcc--in my case on OS X, -I and -L of /usr/local.    These flags
are required to ensure we reference the same library during a
try-compile and a regular (run (csc ...)).  In other words, the
try-compile will fail because it looks in /usr/lib only.

I worked around this by shelling out to `csc -cflags` and `csc
-ldflags`, but this is an easily overlooked issue (indeed present in
the original readline egg) and I wonder if it might be useful to add
to chicken-setup.