Re: [Chicken-hackers] Enum macro proposal

From: Tony Sidaway
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Enum macro proposal
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:28:15 +0000

On 10/29/07, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 10:34:36PM -0500, Zbigniew wrote:
> > OK, I extended define-enum in miscmacros to support resetting the
> > counter.  Would this suffice?
>
> Excellent!  Thanks.

While reading the first email in this thread, I took a look at other
Scheme implementations, and found define-enumeration and
define-enumerated-type/define-finite-type  in Scheme48.

http://mumble.net/~campbell/s48-refman/html/Integer-enumerations.html

http://mumble.net/~campbell/s48-refman/html/Enumerated_002ffinite-types-and-sets.htm

The latter in particular is rather sophisticated, being generalised to
multivariate finite types.  The Chicken version, on the other hand,
has the advantage of simplicity.  It easily matches the capabilities
of C enumerations.