[Chicken-hackers] Re: initial macosx 64-bit success

From: Zbigniew
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] Re: initial macosx 64-bit success
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 16:28:25 -0500

Hi.  I got apply-hack to work just by commenting out the .type
declaration (OS X does not recognize it).

Regarding my earlier patch, it doesn't work well because it does not
properly pass -m64 to the linker phase of csc.    Chicken builds fine
but csc will fail (the linker name is quoted).  However, there is no
way to specify a base setting for the -ldflags in csc, unlike -cflags
which comes from the C_COMPILER_OPTIONS.

I tried several workarounds but could not properly pass -m64 to both
compiler and linker in both the Chicken build and in csc.