Re: [Chicken-hackers] multiple issues in embedded PCRE

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] multiple issues in embedded PCRE
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 14:27:14 -0500

Marijn Schouten (hkBst) scripsit:

> I'm working in directory
>
> /home/marijn/cvs/gentoo-x86/dev-scheme/chicken
>
> My build script unpacks the source to
>
> /var/tmp/portage/dev-scheme/chicken-2.731/work/chicken-2.731/
>
> and runs
>
> make PLATFORM=linux PREFIX=/usr C_COMPILER_OPTIMIZATION_OPTIONS="$CFLAGS"

This sounds like you are trying to build Chicken in a directory other
than the source directory, but AFAIK current versions of Chicken
don't support that.

Furthermore, it's not enough to build the 2.732 snapshot, because
it will not work against the current clutch of eggs; you have
to just use it as a bootstrap and rebuild HEAD, or something very
close to HEAD.

It's also important to note that if you are building on a x86_64
system with a 32-bit userland, you need to say "ARCH=x86" on the
"make" command line.

--
John Cowan
        address@hidden