Re: [Chicken-hackers] time->string

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] time->string
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 15:43:16 -0500

Zbigniew scripsit:
> On Jan 19, 2008 12:59 PM, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Instead, I suggest making time->string return an ISO 8601 time string of
> > the form "yyyy-mm-ddThh:mm:ss+zzzz"
>
> Well, ISO 8601 time strings are already available in SRFI-19, and
> they're not particularly readable.

I realize that.  The point is, if you want a function that reduces
a broken-out time object to a string, what string should you get?
The asctime(3) string strikes me as a particularly silly format.

Alternatively, you could just deprecate time->string.

> (string-append
>  (time->string (seconds->local-time (current-seconds)))
>  " " (local-timezone-abbreviation))

It's called "local" but it's not localized.

--
Even a refrigerator can conform to the XML      John Cowan
Infoset, as long as it has a door sticker       address@hidden