Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] Build on cygwin problem

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] Build on cygwin problem
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 23:13:03 +0100

On Jan 25, 2008 7:35 PM, Graham Fawcett <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hm. I tried again, and this time it worked. Is make-bootstrap intended
> only for systems that have *no* Chicken installed? I wonder whether it
> failed earlier because of my 2.5 installation, and is succeeding now
> because I have 3.x installed.

The problem is that "make bootstrap" will not pass any variables set on the
make command line down to the recursive post-bootstrap make invocation.
I have removed this (trunk), so a "chicken-boot" is compiled from the tarred
.c files, all *.scm are touched and the last step (re-invoking make has now
to be done manually). It's just a convenience operation anyway.