Re: [Chicken-hackers] TinyCLOS 'examples' install path?

From: Leonardo Valeri Manera
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] TinyCLOS 'examples' install path?
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 02:06:20 +0100

On 28/02/2008, Ivan Raikov <address@hidden> wrote:

>   Yes, several other eggs do that, including one of
>  mine. chicken-setup exports a variable installation-prefix, which can
>  be used in .setup files ( I think), but someone needs to rewrite the
>  misbehaving setup files. Alternatively, I can add a procedure
>  install-datafiles to chicken-setup, that installs non-executable files
>  in /usr/share... If anyone has suggestions and preferences about that,
>  please let me know.

Either way works for me... but I'd think the one that needs the least
work in existing egg .setup files is the best.

Eventually we're planning to provide all (non-deprecated) eggs via the
gentoo package system, so you're going to hear me whine about all
offenders either way :)

I just need chicken setup to /consistently/ use the paths handed to
it, otherwise its hard to make a script that automatically creates the
ebuilds on new egg releases, and that's the only way its going to be
manageable for us.

Cheers,
Leo