Re: [Chicken-hackers] adding features to core units

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] adding features to core units
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 16:31:18 -0400

Leonardo Valeri Manera scripsit:

> I asked for file-copy and file-move both for use in
> shell-script-alikes, and for use in chicken-setup (make) scripts.
>
> If it wasn't for the latter, I would be all for smashing them, plus
> the file-test egg elf is making for me, and some other convenience
> shell script functions I made into a shell-script egg.

I'd recommend that they be just used for chicken-setup, then.
File-move doesn't even try to use rename or link/unlink, and
both of them use 1K blocks to copy files in this day and age.

--
John Cowan    address@hidden    http://ccil.org/~cowan
   There was an old man                Said with a laugh, "I