[Chicken-hackers] Unit files

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] Unit files
Date: 16 Sep 2008 12:15:20 -0300

Hi folks.

Our latest release is 3.3.0, which doesn't provide the unit `files'.
At least one egg from the release/3 repo requires `files' (uri), so,
when you try to use the uri egg with the latest chicken it fails
because the `files' unit doesn't exist.

Furthermore, the current User's Manual provides documentation for the
unit `files'. That's confusing, even if the main page of the manual
states it's for 3.3.6, which can only be obtained via svn (i.e., the
manual is for a chicken version that has not been released yet).

I think the simplest fix for this is to make a new release.

What do you think?

Best wishes.
Mario