Re: [Chicken-hackers] Unit files

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Unit files
Date: 19 Sep 2008 10:38:54 -0300

Hi Kon.

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:16:56 -0700 Kon Lovett <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sep 16, 2008, at 4:06 PM, Ivan Raikov wrote:
> >
> >   Yes, we are way overdue for a new release. I had to make some fixes
> > to the MinGW build last week, but now I think I am ready to make the
> > release, so I will merge trunk with the prerelease branch, and
> > probably I will make a new release by the end of the week.
>
> Thank you Ivan. I was the one who introduced the dependency since a
> number of eggs would not compile & moved too quickly.

Can't the uri egg use the files unit only when the chicken version is
equal or greater than 3.4.0?  Otherwise, for example, any web
development using chicken (3) would depend on 3.4.0 at least, since
uri is one the dependencies of the http egg.

The following eggs depend on uri:

$ chicken-nest-tool -dDf -S uri
url
scgi
http-auth
uri-namespaces
sigma
stream-wiki
formular
logging
irnc-base
fspath
selenium
stream-httplog
uri-literals

And the following ones depend on url and http (which depend on uri):

$ chicken-nest-tool -dDf -S url
ajax
http
xml-rpc