Re: [Chicken-hackers] Global ignore on .import.scm files?

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Global ignore on .import.scm files?
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:45:01 +0100

On Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 6:03 PM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 05:53:08PM +0100, Peter Bex wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Whenever I request a status list from subversion, it keeps telling me
>> about all the .import.scm files that got created by running
>> chicken-setup from the egg dir. How about adding '*.import.scm' to
>> the global-ignores configuration option so it gets ignored like all
>> the .so files?
>
> Hmm, turns out that this is not possible to do server-side, only
> client-side. I'm a bit afraid it's only a matter of time before someone
> checks in a .import.scm file, causing breakage much further down the
> road when the module exports for that egg are changed again.
>
>> It could also be added to the svn:ignore property, but that can't
>> be made to propagate to subdirectories automatically, afaik, so
>> everyone would need to add it manually to any new directories they'd
>> create.

Is this necessary? Globally ignoring *.import.scm files wouldn't
work (the core chicken includes some hand-written import files),so
perhaps we should merely document this (I understand the problem,
tough - recently, it happens to me all the time that I import import.scm
files. But the same can happen with .c or .o files).