Re: [Chicken-hackers] Runtime library path breakage

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Runtime library path breakage
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 12:50:18 +0100

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 11:22 PM, Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just now I built trunk and everything seemed to work fine.  Then I
> installed and the import libraries couldn't be loaded any more.
> After some digging it turned out that the runtime linker path was
> set to ".", which is (obviously?) wrong.
>
> I don't know why this was changed, so I haven't yet committed this
> for fear of breaking other people's builds, but here's a patch that
> fixes the problem for me.

When you install, the RUNTIME_LINKER_PATH is set to LIBDIR (that's
the relinking part - the normal build uses "-R." to be able to test the
build without installing it (which may need some [DY]LD_LIBRARY_PATH
twiddling). The re-install re-invokes $(MAKE) and passes a new
RUNTIME_LIBRARY_PATH. It may be that the BSD makefile is broken
(everything works fine on Linux, at least that's my observation).