[Chicken-hackers] manual and chicken4 infrastructure

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] manual and chicken4 infrastructure
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 23:38:55 +0100

Hi!

I'm not certain how to handle the manual for the next release. Should
it replace the current chicken-3 manual (what I would prefer), or
should we split the manual into wiki subdirectories?

To get rid of infrastructure machinery, egg-post-commit will not
be required for chicken 4 eggs. Documentation should be in
the wiki, and egg-maintainers can include it in the egg, if they
want. Only the henrietta cgi and the egg-index-generator
are required and these are very simple, can run anywhere and do not need
to interact with subversion in complicated ways.

How much of the chicken-3 infrastructure shall remain, and
for how long? As I understand, Ivan has an interest in continuing
chicken-3 maintenance and support and could host all the
hairy egg-post-commit + svnwiki-translation stuff on his machine.