Re: [Chicken-hackers] manual and chicken4 infrastructure

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] manual and chicken4 infrastructure
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 21:21:15 +0200

On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 09:28:38AM +0200, Peter Bex wrote:
> > I have created a man/ subdirectory. In fact, it would be cool, if you
> > could help me and move the old manual into man/3.
>
> Sure, I will do this tonight.

The wiki is merrily crunching away on my changes right now.
I've moved all the manual pages to man/3, and made a /manual symlink to
point to the current release's manual.

Felix, this means that you can remove the manual from chicken's trunk
dir, as having duplicates is a surefire way to run out of synch.
In the future, man/5 can be created while working on the new version,
and it will not interfere with anything.

I've also renamed "The User's Manual" to simply "index", so that one
can link to http://chicken.wiki.br/manual or http://chicken.wiki.br/man/3

I noticed that the manual section of "Getting Started" was not tagged,
and thus not copied, so I copied & tagged it.  This means it's also not
maintained and may contain outdated info.  I did a quick check-up and
changed one or two obvious things, but I probably missed more subtle
things.

I've also removed all the user name symlinks to /users.  People should
now link to /users/<username> instead of /<username>.

http://sjamaan.ath.cx
                                                        -- Donald Knuth