[Chicken-hackers] r5rs compliant (part ii)

From: Thomas Bushnell BSG
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] r5rs compliant (part ii)
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 10:33:09 -0700

So, to summarize, there are really four (or three) places where Chicken
Scheme misses r5rs compliance.

* Limitation to 120 parameters in procedure calls (and presumably
returned values too).  Arguably not a violation at all.

* Finishing the work for (inexact) rationals, which simply requires
implementing numerator, denominator, and rationalize; everything else
would remain exactly the same.

* Fixing the externalization of flonums to give read invariance and so
forth.

* Macro visibility in eval.

Of these, I don't care about the first, and care only marginally about
the fourth.  I would be happy to supply implementations for 2 and 3.

Given that, I think the manual section should be renamed something other
than "deviations from the standard" and re-labelled "standard
conformance" or some-such, and I would be happy to supply text for a
reorganized page.

Thomas