Re: [Chicken-hackers] units used by default

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] units used by default
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 15:36:34 -0400

felix winkelmann scripsit:

> In rev. 15773, the library units used by default have been changed to
> library + eval (which implies expand).

Excellent!

BTW, there is a bug in "use": if there is no module to import,
it throws an error rather than silently doing nothing,
contrary to the documentation, which speaks of "perform[ing]
and implicit import, *if necessary*".

Fixing this would (among other things) allow non-modularized files of
plain R5RS code to be loaded by "use".

--
Well, I have news for our current leaders       John Cowan
and the leaders of tomorrow: the Bill of        address@hidden